Wild Camping with Elephants in Thailand
If you love camping, cultural immersion, and elephants; this is the perfect adventure for you!
Our partners want to allow you the chance to step away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and take some time to reconnect with nature, to meet our elephants and immerse yourself into a Karen community. Your accommodation with a host family is both comfortable and welcoming, and provides you with a real sense of community living. There is no shortage of beautiful views or friendly faces smiling back at you.
Arriving at the forest base camp after a full day of walking through the forest and observing the elephants living in peace deep in their natural habitat, you will feel miles away from the commotion of your daily life. Unwind to the soothing sounds of the forest around you, help to set up your tent or hang your hammock in the trees and sit by a fire throughout the evening sharing stories with our mahouts.
The local team endeavors to create an experience for you that has very little to no impact on the forest or the elephants and one that will not easily be forgotten.
- Day 1: arrive in Chang Mai, transport to village (4 hour ride), village tour, stay with host family
- Day 2: trek into the forest, set up camp, observe the elephants, stay in camp
- Day 3: observe the elephants, take down camp, trek back to Karen village, stay with host family
- Day 4: breakfast with host family, transport back to Chang Mai
Additional activities included. Please inquire for more details.
Included in Wild Camping with Elephants in Thailand:
- Accommodation with a host family in the village and tent/hammock in the forest
- All meals included during your stay
- Home stay fee in the village
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Local guide and team fee
- National Park fee
- Donation for the elephant fund
|Number of People||Cost per Person|
Transportation Cost (additional): Transportation from Chiang Mai to the village is about 4 hours up into the mountains. Our local partners HIGHLY recommend using their fully-insured, knowledgeable drivers. The village can be difficult to find and relying on a 3rd party driver could result in not finding the village. This round-trip cost is £157, but it’s split if there are more than 1 individual being driven.
To book a non-volunteering tour with GOAT Volunteers, send an email to: [email protected]
Disclaimer: GOAT Volunteers receives a small commission on the sale of the above program(s).