Volunteering with GOAT Volunteers is a very straightforward experience and we aim to make it as transparent and easy-to-understand as possible. This page outlines the basic requirements for participating in a GOAT Volunteers project and serves as the starting point for all volunteers.
Basic Requirements for All Projects
- At 18 years of age on the day of arrival at your project
- If under 18 years of age, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing the tasks required of the project
- Volunteers working on projects involving children are required to provide a criminal background check to confirm placement
- Application and project fees must be received by GOAT Volunteers and the project NGO respectively to confirm placement
- All pre-departure information must be returned to GOAT Volunteers to confirm placement
- Must provide proof of travel insurance for the duration of the project
- Volunteers must abide by the GOAT Volunteers Code of Conduct and codes of conduct provided by the host NGO either in the pre-departure information or upon arrival in-country
If you have questions or concerns, please Contact Us.