14-day Costa Rica Community Service & Adventure Program
Want to do some good while experiencing some of the most awesome adventures you can find in Costa Rica? Join our “schedule friendly” 2-week Community Service & Adventure program!
Barrio Jesús Soup Kitchen Project
Volunteers will be working in Barrio Jesús Soup Kitchen by helping to prepare food, clean the facilities, wash dishes, and serve the children* and adults in attendance. During this first week, you will be helping four hours daily from Monday to Friday.
Poás Volcano Tour
Ascend the mountain while walking past coffee plantations, fern, flower and strawberry farms into the cloud forest of the Poas Volcano. The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017. At the Volcano we will have time to enjoy the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, and hike on a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as we learn about the different ecosystems in the park.
Canopy Adventure at Barva Volcano
Learn about the local cypress plantation, hike up into the cloud forest, and zip-line down through the canopy!
Jacó Beach Environmental Project
Monday and Wednesday will be spent cleaning the beach and participating in the local recycling program. Tuesday and Thursday, volunteers will help with reforestation of beach almond trees; the primary food source for the famous scarlet macaws that live in the region. Friday provides the option to work on community projects or just enjoy your final day at the beach!
- Day 1 (San José): Arrival and transfer to accommodation in Santa Bárbara
- Day 2: Orientation at Barrio Jesús Soup Kitchen Project (morning) and Santa Bárbara walking tour (afternoon)
- Days 3-6: Barrio Jesús Soup Kitchen Project
- Day 7: Poás Volcano Tour
- Day 8: Canopy Adventure at Barva Volcano
- Days 9-13 (Jacó Beach): Environmental Project
- Day 14: Departure day
*As with all projects working with children, the 14-day Costa Rica Community Service & Adventure Program requires a criminal background check
Included in the 14-day Community Service & Adventure Program:
- Airport pick-up and return
- 2 meals per day (breakfast & lunch); dinners are self-catered
- Weekend tour transportation & tour fees
- Community service programs
- Accommodation in Santa Bárbara & Jacó volunteer houses (WiFi may be available)
Project arrival is on a Sunday and departure is on Saturday of the 2nd week
- Flights to/from Costa Rica and visa costs
- Dinners (self-catered)
- Local transportation
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature (personal items, laundry, calls, etc.)
To book a non-volunteering tour with GOAT Volunteers, please submit an inquiry via the Contact Us page.
Disclaimer: GOAT Volunteers receives a small commission on the sale of the above programs. Prices subject to change without notice. Please inquire for current pricing.